Standards Working Group
- Develop a series of baseline specifications for Green Software.
- Ensure that the specifications can be implemented in an interoperable fashion on the computing platforms in widespread use in both developed and developing regions.
How we work
- We hold weekly meetings on Thursdays @1630 (BST) you can view our minutes here.
- To make a proposal for a change in one of our standards, start a thread on the discussions page.
- Once the thread has gained some momentum with comments, ideas, and inputs from the rest of the group, convert it to an issue through the option on the right-hand side menu.
- Once the issue has sufficient material and agreement from the group on it, create a pull request linking that issue.
- Pull requests are reviewed by the group and if there is consensus merged during our weekly calls.
Proposing a new project
- To propose a project, we ask that you create a short project document and gather the interest of at least three people from 2 different member organizations.
- Reach out to the chairs, who will add you to the next working group meeting agenda.
- If the working group reaches consensus and agrees, your project will be made official and start receiving the support of the Foundation.
- However, often it requires several conversations with the working group to evolve your project proposal to a version where everyone is comfortable.
- Once launched, the working group will support you in executing your project and source the resources required from the Foundation and its members.
- Press Release FAQ
- Main Website
- Main GitHub Repository
- Slack (Private for GSF Members Only)
- Google Drive Folder(Private for GSF Members Only)
- Our Handbook
- For members: Our main form of communication is email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For non-members: The best method of communication is to open a GitHub issue here repository.
Abhishek GuptaResponsible AI@BCG
Henry RichardsonSenior Analyst@WattTime
Sean McilroyPM@Green Software Foundation
If anything here is wrong, please email email@example.com